HIF invites applicants for the 2012 Japanese Language and Japanese Culture Program instructor.
HIF requires highly qualified, proactive instructors who can thrive in intensive teaching and learning environments. Six instructors are hired for each summer program. One instructor will be appointed chief instructor of the program. HIF will employ one instructor to fill a vacancy for the 2012 summer program.
The duration of the 2012 program:
June 5 ～August 5, 2012 including the preparatory and final meetings.
The minimum requirements:
- MA in Japanese pedagogy or related field
- Japanese proficiency at native speaker or near native level
- Ability to teach all levels of Japanese language
- 2 or more years of experience teaching at a university or tertiary institution.
- Salary is based on the HIF summer program salary scale.
- Accommodation is provided near HIF headquarters except where applicants are presently located in Hakodate city or its environs.
- Round travel expenses (airfare/JR) between Hakodate and instructor's residence will be reimbursed to the amount of 160,000yen for overseas residents and actual transportation costs for domestic residents.
Applicants should send the following materials to the HIF office by January 31 postmarked.
- One cover letter, preferably handwritten, in Japanese including a brief summary of your philosophy as a Japanese language instructor
- One hard copy of your CV, which will include your name (in kanji & furigana), date of birth, and a 3x4cm photo
- Two letters of recommendation
- One hard copy of a lesson test and semester examination which you made.
HIF will inform you by e-mail upon receiving your application packet
Application forms will not be returned to you after the screening.
Hokkaido International Foundation 14-1 Motomachi, Hakodate Hokkaido Japan 040-0054
Any other information or questions, please contact
International Exchange Section
Hokkaido International Foundation